Framework Upgrade: Version 3.2
In framework versions 3.1 or minor project resources (controllers, models, resolvers, reporters, event listeners, route validators) were required by framework/developers instead of being autoloaded like integrated API classes.
Best machines should always work by the same rules!
What Were the Goals
To make framework and APIs align logically with project code, almost all APIs that relied on user classes built on their prototypes need to change, their documentation needs to change and framework needs to change fundamentally. The end goal is to:
- make all classes referenced in stdout/stderr XMLs autoloaded
- move views, templates, helpers and anything not related to autoloading to project root
- move application to src folder
- create a Lucinda\Project namespace that binds to src folder
- reorganize remaining elements in src folder to fit PSR-4 autoload standards
- make project unit testable
Upgrade Steps from Version 3.1 to 3.2
If you're a 3.1 user already, please follow these steps to upgrade your project:
- open console and run:
git clone https://github.com/aherne/lucinda-framework.git
- copy all files into your project minus vendor and compilations folders.
- copy existing project classes into the right src subfolders, following Documentation
- change project classes to be autoloaded (PSR4 compliant), following Documentation and Tutorials
- move files from application/views into templates/views
- move files from application/tags into templates/tags
- delete old application folder
- change stdout.xml & stdout.xml to point to autoloaded classes above
- go to your project root, open console and run:
- (optional) while console is still open, run to generate unit test blueprints (which you will later need to fill with tests):